Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have cancelled mine and now my printer no longer prints 

says I have cancelled subscription so can’t print!!!!!! 
but I have paid for the ink already!!!!!! Total joke 

if anyone can help I would appreciate it 

HP Recommended

I've never heard of a free 15 page printing plan, only a "first few months free" and then 2.99 plan. Can you post a advertisement that says it was free? Cuz id like to get it too 🙂

HP Recommended

I've had the free 15 pages for 3 years and while I received the email, a representative told me over the phone that existing customers would be grandfathered in. 

HP Recommended

@Hailey2107 wrote:

The above is one of the biggest misconceptions regarding the Instant Ink program.  When you sign up for the Instant Ink program you are NOT purchasing ink, you are purchasing a subscription to a set number of pages per month.  The ink is supplied, but remains the property of HP and must be returned if you cancel the program in accordance with the terms of service.  See sections 5.d and 9.c of the terms of service here.

You will need to replace the Instant Ink cartridges with retail cartridges.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@Cpectre wrote:

I've never heard of a free 15 page printing plan, only a "first few months free" and then 2.99 plan. Can you post a advertisement that says it was free? Cuz id like to get it too 🙂

Some low end models had a free 15 page per month plan available at initial installation of the printer.  That plan was not available if a paid plan was selected, and it was not possible to "downgrade" from a paid plan to the free plan.

The free plan is no longer available, the subject of this thread.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@Bob_Headrick wrote:

@Hailey2107 wrote:

The above is one of the biggest misconceptions regarding the Instant Ink program.  When you sign up for the Instant Ink program you are NOT purchasing ink, you are purchasing a subscription to a set number of pages per month.  The ink is supplied, but remains the property of HP and must be returned if you cancel the program in accordance with the terms of service.  See sections 5.d and 9.c of the terms of service here.

You will need to replace the Instant Ink cartridges with retail cartridges.

So, in the interest of the ecology, and having the interest of the planet in mind, I will have to send 4 different Ink Cartridges (which are almost full btw) to recycling. And buy 4 more cartridges.
I get that they change the contract. I'm not saying I'm glad about it, but I understand. They warned me 2 months before the change, so I can end the subscription with no problems. Again, I'm not happy, but I understand.
However, not allowing us to finish the cartridges it's legal, but it's bullcrap. It shows no care whatsoever about their customers, as well as no care about the planet itself.

I'm sure I'm not their biggest customer, not even by miles, but I'm a loyal customer that they have lost. I needed a new printer, HP was the way to go without a doubt. I needed a new laptop, I would pay a great deal of atention to their Probooks. This kind of trust was lost, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

Now, I'm gonna send my 4 almost full ink cartridges to the recycling center. How is this benefitial to anyone (not counting HP)??? How does this help the environment? How does this increases the loyalty of the customer? Guess what, it doesn't.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update, sad  as I too have hp product, Printer and laptop. May move to Raspberry-Pi

HP Recommended

Well you are the expert after all but tell me, is it really worth it for HP to piss off so many people at 1 dollar per month per person. I mean you guys sell an insane amount of laptops and printers made in sweatshops at a ridiculous price. 

Your approach is unique I'll give you that, I usually stick with the old "customers always right" mentality, rather than the "one of the biggest misconceptions YOU the customer has made when buying that printer was thinking we would stick to the advertisement written in big bold letters rather than the fine print of the contract."

Again, the magnitude of HP doing this at the cost of 1 dollar per person per month, hard to understand the answer to the question, "is this good for business?" I doubt it, I could not imagine very many people will be willing to pay the 1 dollar, out of pure principal. It'd be a hard dollar to spend for me, I'd say.

You guys need a real upgrade in customer service and customer consideration. Maybe this is why big businesses struggle, the folks making the decisions lack empathy.

HP Recommended

I was scheduled to get the 99-cent/mo plan in 12/9.  It's 12/10.  I am still on the FREE plan.  I think that something might be happening.

I want to caution people that like the free plan to hold off on cancelling because I'm pretty sure you canNOT get it back.

If HP goes through with this change and they really meant that 12/9 was the start of my last free month rather than the start of the 99-cent plan, I'm willing to pay the 99 cents/mo because there are months that I don't print.  Therefore, I plan to cancel the 99-cent plan, and start it up when I have to print.  It should only cost me about $5/yr.

As a person that prints very little, I could never justify buying ink or a printer.  My first experience with an ink jet printer had me printing about 11 pages for my taxes, and then not being able to print 6 months later because the cartridges had dried out.

I really thought this was the answer for me because the dried out cartridges were HP's problem.  I think the big mistake HP made was to send us those monster cartridges.  They should have sent us more starter cartridges knowing that dried up ink is a waste.

I printed 40 pages in the three years that I've had this plan, but the convenience to make a quick copy or print my tax return made it worth the $50 I paid for the printer, but not a good deal if you let the .99 cents rack up for months that you know you're not going to print.

HP Recommended

When I canceled my subscription, the support team offered me two months more on free plan, so I could "finish my cartridges". My cartridges are almost full, so I could print 30 more pages so I could "finish my cartridges". Why are you doing this HP? I feel like you had just pulled a carpet from bellow my feet when I wasn't looking, and now that I'm asking for your help to get up you are laughing and telling your friends I'm on the ground.

I just had to remember to cancel the subscription until the two months had passed. I was mad, and I didn't accepted. I should've.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.