Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Officejet 8600 pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 8600 was working fine until I went out of ink ( great printer) I guess it is so great that HP would like all 8600 owner to purchase a new printer so we can all use the instant ink Program. I don’t know what to do with my 8600  that still works, can’t donated ( new owner can get ink for it ) can anyone suggest something 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ecl888, Welcome to HP Support Community!

When you buy a new printer, you can cancel the subscription for the printer. Before donating the printer, remove the web services from the printer and then proceed. Here is how you do it-

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Reboot the devices.

With this, the printer can work with regular ink cartridges.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m trying to find a fix  for my 8600 so I don’t have to buy a new printer, the 8600 I have still works just can’t use ink bought from authorized dealers ( keep saying cartridges are damaged, 3 tries already) tried all the updates and suggestions and  the help of an overseas technician from HP nothing works, if you have anything new to suggest please let me know,

HP Recommended

@Ecl888

Follow the steps from the document HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge to see if that helps!

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.