Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8710

Our new HP 8710 is hard-wired into the PC.  It will sometimes not print.  Attempts to clear the printer queue are unsuccessful; the item can't be deleted or reset.  It used to be that powering down the computer and printer enabled the item to be deleted, but those don't help now.  The files being printed aren't unusual; they're usually Word or emails.  The printer can scan and will print in the copy mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a firmware update available, this link will allow to download a firmware file. (see Firmware heading)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What operating system are you running on the computer?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

As best I can figure, it's Windows 7 (no, I'm not a techie).  We previously had an HP 8600 that ran without problems on the same system.

HP Recommended

Can you print a status page from the 8710 front panel? (link describes how)

What is the 8710 firmware rel. number?

HP Recommended

The Firmware Version is WBP1CN1606AR, the FW Patch Version is 0

HP Recommended

There is a firmware update available, this link will allow to download a firmware file. (see Firmware heading)

HP Recommended

That's done it.  I could access the queue and clear out the stuck file.  It then printed the other item in the queue.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.