Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Please stop contacting me.  Was unable to sign on as sallyz so I had to reregister as szubyk.  I DO NOT HAVE THE PRINTER ANYMORE!!!

HP Recommended

Hi szubykm

You would have to unsubscribe to this thread in order not to be contacted again. Since other posters may place post on the same thread, you will automatically receive a reply also. To Unsubscribe: open the thread, under page 1 & 2, click on the dropdown beside Topic Options and select unsubscribe. I will notify HP to see if they can stop the emails from processing also since you can't access that account.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had installed a new color cartridge in my HP 3050 desk jet printer and got a error message ' Tri Colour Cartridge problem'.
I have tried a another new colour catridge but same message. Can any one help

Thanks

Mian2

HP Recommended

I am having the same error message. I tried the solutions presented on the first page of this forum. I put a brand new HP ink cartridge in my HP Deskjet 3050 printer and it is giving me the error message: "Cartridge problem. Atleast one of the Cartridges has a problem." I checked the date on my new cartridge packaging and it says, "Dec. 2018." So it is not old or out of date, I bought it today, put it in the printer, and now I cannot print anything.

I have to be able to print. Tell me how to fix this. I actually have been okay with this printer, but if I cannot get a solution that works I will never buy another HP printer or anything for that matter.

HP Recommended

Hi @kzimm,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having printing issues on your HP DeskJet 3050 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details.

Have you tried cleaning the electrical contacts on the ink cartridges?

Have you tried one cartridge at a time?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - Ink cartridge errors - Click here

Next things, I would suggest you try with the old set of cartridges and check if that works, If the issue persists, I would suggest you try one cartridge at a time and check if it helps. If nothing works, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all the troubleshooting and got a new cartridge and still getting the  error for "problem w tricolor cartridge" what's the deal?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.