Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

I have a new 3630 printer, scanner, copier and have tried installing the software with the disk that came with it.

At the first stage (installing drivers) it comes up with a "Installation Error - Data error (cyclic redundancy check)".

I have gone through all the trouble shooting steps and restarted the machine but the problem pursists.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Inka2015,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting an error message while installing the drivers for your HP DeskJet 3630 printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

I did check and found that its seems to be an issue with the PC. A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a data verification method your computer uses to check the data on your disks (hard disks like your hard drive and optical disks like CDs and DVDs). A cyclic redundancy check error can be caused by several different issues: registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files. Regardless of the specific cause, the cyclic redundancy check error is a serious one and must be addressed to avoid potential data loss or even a total system failure system. 

Let's try these steps here:

Right-click the drive you want to check, then click Properties->Tools. Under “Error Checking” click “Check Now”.

• If a CD or DVD disc is giving you this error it may be the result of a scratch or some dust. Try cleaning the disk with a soft cloth before anything else.
  • Optical disk errors are often not repairable.

Please perform a Chkdsk, here is the link. (The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Please perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet.

* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

* Remove USB cable, if present.

* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let's try these steps to uninstall the printer:

Unplug the USB cable 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ) Restart the PC

Now go ahead and install the full feature software from the support website: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630__Full_WebPack_1092.exe

Note: Please don't connect the USB cable until it's prompted during the connection type.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Inka2015,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting an error message while installing the drivers for your HP DeskJet 3630 printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

I did check and found that its seems to be an issue with the PC. A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a data verification method your computer uses to check the data on your disks (hard disks like your hard drive and optical disks like CDs and DVDs). A cyclic redundancy check error can be caused by several different issues: registry corruption, a cluttered hard disk, an unsuccessful program installation, or misconfigured files. Regardless of the specific cause, the cyclic redundancy check error is a serious one and must be addressed to avoid potential data loss or even a total system failure system. 

Let's try these steps here:

Right-click the drive you want to check, then click Properties->Tools. Under “Error Checking” click “Check Now”.

• If a CD or DVD disc is giving you this error it may be the result of a scratch or some dust. Try cleaning the disk with a soft cloth before anything else.
  • Optical disk errors are often not repairable.

Please perform a Chkdsk, here is the link. (The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Please perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet.

* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

* Remove USB cable, if present.

* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let's try these steps to uninstall the printer:

Unplug the USB cable 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ) Restart the PC

Now go ahead and install the full feature software from the support website: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630__Full_WebPack_1092.exe

Note: Please don't connect the USB cable until it's prompted during the connection type.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Simply not possible to repeat all steps, due to fatigue. Expected some issues, having not needed printers in last 14 years, and ran a lean HP Pavilion, reflectinng such, including removal of print spooler and allied things. Recently went to a store, with no technical assistance, or manuals in box, but to me an HP DJ 3630 already well worth the £20 outlay for it's printing, if it never scans! My plan [because similar to issue I saw] Is to print the solution offered, and try it on my machine, briefly scanned it [visually] made sense as worthwhile, to save wasting anybody's time. Defrag and Reboot, ridded some of early messages re. printer, solved with aid of HP online Scan and rectify of Installation errors. Now getting same 'HP DJ 3630 not found' when I click HP Scan, with logo that looks like a scanner, replacing the HP Scan with no logo. That's in Win 7 Start Menu. My thinking is this, hoping the name I noted Jeet Singh sees this, that if I follow the shut down all, remove all cables, for 3 minutes,and start from scratch, cabling up again, will be sufficient. Not rushing, I 'wanted' a printer/scanner not needed, will leisurely proceed today, then divert and revisit tomorrow, if unsuccessful, recognising that my own expertise, is no longer sufficient as a retired Septuagenarian. Frankly it seems, more a M$ problem to me than HP, being slow to catch up with changes on system. Hopefully back later to report success!

HP Recommended

Limited success without doing much of anything, other than at start of process, plugging other end of USB cable back into Notebook! Noticing end to printer in and end to PC out, immediately HP 3630  recognised when I tried. Not usable result of old printing I'd created, years ago of golf scorecards for Tiger Woods 'PGA Tour '08' which I still occasionally play for relaxation, being retired! Bear in mind I've not yet read a word on anything to enhance results, looked like a light problem, got first part from left fine, white light in centre and a little of right hand side of sheet. I consider the motivation to peer over to remove cables, sufficient to click Kudos thumb 😉 Plainly now my issue is why I bought it in the first place, to go wireless and preserve a much needed USB slot, but just seen how cheap  power usb hubs can be, so happy to know it's for sure fixable, 1 way or the other. thank-you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.