Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Unknown

Hello-

I have an HP 4500 Envy that has been working just fine on my wireless network for years as an air printer. Nothing has changed in my system or set up but my printer suddenly is not connected to the wireless anymore. When I do the setup wizard, it does not see my networks, though it does display other networks from my neighbors. I have tried manually entering it and it isn't working. All my other devices are connected to the network with no problem.

When I click on the available networks on my computer or phone, it does show HP-Print-91-ENVY 4500 series as a network. If I disconnect from my wireless internet and connect to the network displaying the printer name, I can print. However, that is a real pain to do every time I want to print something. I have tried all the solutions offered in the forum, including unplugging my printer, restarting my router, etc. Is there another possible solution to this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried restoring the network settings to default settings on the 4500?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Re: HP Envy 4500 not seeing my desired wireless network

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.