Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi. I've had my HP Envy 5055 printer for about a year now and it stopped working a few months ago. My printer connects to wifi but when printing, only a white sheet of paper will come out. The ink on the printer does not print, therefore, if I'm printing a document only a white sheet comes out with none of the ink. Previously it would print every other line from a document I was printing, but now it prints nothing. I have tried to do everything I know to do (clean the rollers, replace the ink, the list goes on). At this point, I don't know what else to try and I dont want to buy another printer. This has been very frustrating and I'm ready to fix this problem if possible. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kenzwilcox

Let's start with a printer reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Then update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/mod...

Also ensure your Mac has all the latest updates: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201541

If the issue persists, print a Quality Diagnostic Report and let me know how it prints

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Print Quality Diagnostic report without defects

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I recently have completed all the steps you have given me to fix my printer problem. After downloading the update and printing the "Welcome" page prompted after completing the installation of firmware, I thought my problem was fixed. But I once again tried to print a document, the problem of the white paper printing out with no ink still persisted. I am confused because obviously, the printer is working if the Welcome sheet printed. I tried to print the diagnostic sheet and it barely printed the colors and no black ink printed. I will attach pictures. 

wJhv+ZblTy+ffWak05++cA.jpg

HP Recommended

@kenzwilcox, Thank you for the response.

Check the Estimated Ink levels in the printer

On the printer control panel, touch the Ink icon to display the current estimated ink levels.

Image:  Example of estimated ink levels displaying full ink cartridges.

Replace any low or empty ink cartridges.

Try making a Black and color Photocopy on the printer to check the print quality. Place a document on the scanner glass and make a copy of the same by which we can conclude if this is a Hardware or a Driver issue.

If the ink levels are more than half and the print quality is faint, try cleaning the ink cartridges.

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

4. Note: If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Ken,

Were you able to figure out this issue? I’m having the same ones...

HP Recommended

I followed the steps listed and turned the printer on and off after 60 seconds, unplugged everything and pretty much knew when I read it that this was no fix.  How many people does this actually work for?   I have checked ink levels which are fine.  It was working just a fine a few days ago and now nothing.  I have the worst luck with your printers.  Next time I will be buying a different brand when and if I can ever get this one working again.  So tired of tech issues with your products.   

HP Recommended

@Chaisem28, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If you have tried the mentioned troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.