Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy 5530.  I was printing my Christmas letter and changed the black ink cartridge. Now when printing it does not print every 3rd line.  I re-installed the driver but did not fix.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tgaffney1113 ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP Envy 5530 is skipping every 3rd line after changing the black ink cartridge, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to address the issue:

Check for Ink Levels: Ensure that the new black ink cartridge has enough ink. You can check the ink levels through the printer software on your computer or on the printer's control panel.

Run Print Quality Diagnostic: Many printers, including HP Envy models, have a built-in diagnostic tool. Use the printer's control panel to navigate to the settings and look for an option like "Print Quality Report" or "Print Diagnostic Page." This can help identify if there are any issues with the printhead or ink nozzles.

Clean Printheads: The printheads may be clogged. Most HP printers have a utility for cleaning printheads. You can usually find this option in the printer settings on your computer. Run the printhead cleaning utility to clear any clogs.

Align the Printheads: Proper alignment ensures that the ink is applied accurately on the paper. You can usually find the printhead alignment option in the printer settings on your computer. Follow the instructions to align the printheads.

Update Firmware/Driver: Ensure that your printer's firmware and drivers are up to date. Visit the official HP website, enter your printer model, and download the latest firmware and drivers for your operating system.

Check for Software Issues: Sometimes, issues may be related to the document or software you are using. Try printing a different document or using a different application to see if the problem persists.

Remove and Reinstall Printer: Completely remove the printer from your computer and then reinstall it. This involves uninstalling the printer software, disconnecting the printer, restarting your computer, and then reconnecting the printer and reinstalling the software.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239

HP Support

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.