Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M404dw
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hello,

The printer has been working fine for months. This last week, suddenly stopped working. Every time I try to print a large PDF file, prints front-and-back the first two pages and then the printer suddenly shuts down, all lights are blinking (green red blue), the screen is dead... Lighten up but nothing displayed. Looks a lot like a system crash.

The behaviour is consistent. Happens all the time, after the second page the printer crashes.

The printer has been setup via ethernet. WiFi has been disabled. Bonjour and a few other protocols are enabled. We have multiple computers at home, all of them use this printer. The firmware version is "MOGAMIXXXN002.2149A.00" (latest). I updated the firmware a few months ago. The previous firmware was working well so was the latest for a few months.

This I tried:

• Disabling SNMTP (not sure why, but I found it as a suggestion online)
  • Restoring to default settings

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

UPDATE: When I try to print on-sided mode, I get a screen error: 0XD81B089C ERROR_CODE_SX KERNEL_EXEC

Looking into this now.

P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello!

Thanks for the reply Alex!

After talking to the local HP support, we figure out that the problem was related to that specific PDF file. I converted the PDF to PS and then back to PDF following advice I found elsewhere and that resolved the problem with the problematic PDF file.

It did not occur to me that the problem might be specific to a PDF file and I did not happen to print anything else lately.

Kind regards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Atmosx,

Could you please print the Printer Status Report and give us a feedback on any error codes in the event log which is located in the lower right corner of the page? 

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hello!

Thanks for the reply Alex!

After talking to the local HP support, we figure out that the problem was related to that specific PDF file. I converted the PDF to PS and then back to PDF following advice I found elsewhere and that resolved the problem with the problematic PDF file.

It did not occur to me that the problem might be specific to a PDF file and I did not happen to print anything else lately.

Kind regards!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.