Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw stops to print while the scanner and copier function fine. It used to work well. I reinstalled the printer driver. It didn't help. Anyone has a clue to fix the issue? Thanks a lot.

Yan Liu

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @NCYanLiu,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw is experiencing issues with printing while the scanner and copier functions are working fine, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check Printer Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's connected via USB cable, try using a different USB port or cable. If it's a network printer, ensure that it's connected to the same network as your computer.
  • Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting both the printer and your computer can resolve temporary issues.
  • Check Printer Status: Make sure there are no error messages or warnings displayed on the printer's control panel. If there are any, address them accordingly.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and improve performance.
  • Check Print Queue: Open the print queue on your computer and check if there are any pending print jobs. If there are, try canceling them and then try printing again.
  • Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the printer settings, such as paper size, orientation, and print quality, are configured correctly in both the printer driver and the application you're printing from.
  • Reinstall Printer Driver: Since you've already reinstalled the printer driver, try using a different version of the driver or installing the most up-to-date driver available from the HP website.
  • Test with Another Device: Try printing from another device, such as a different computer or mobile device, to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your computer or if it's a broader issue with the printer.
  • Reset Printer: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. Refer to the printer's user manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the printing issue with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I tried what you recommended. Unfortunately it wasn't able to solve my issue. Anything else?

Thank you.

Yan

HP Recommended

I tried what you recommended. Unfortunately it wasn't able to solve my issue. Anything else?

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.