Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro M15A
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I've been trying to do this for the longest time. I cannot get the HP Laserjet Pro M15a to print on my Mac os Catalina. I've surfed all the message boards and tried the suggestions. The other day I spent an hour and a half chatting with a support agent but to no avail. I'm trying again. 

It just doesn't print. I get the messages "Printing - connected to printer" Then "Printing - waiting for job to complete"  which disappears then...NOTHING!

Here's some info; 

I'm using a mid 2012 (old I know but works fine) Macbook Pro with Catalina installed 10.15.7

I have a Deskjet 5200 on the wifi network which is working fine. 

I'm trying to install the aforesaid printer on too. It was working before on my Dad's macbook pro running 10.15.3 I think using the printer's  v 1.5 driver but when he gave me the printer I was guided to use HP Easy Start and it installed the v 2.0 driver. I suspect that's the issue. 

I've also checked and it registers on the USB 2.0 port in system reports in my About This Mac section. 

I've printed the configuration report and that prints fine. 

I don't know what else to do.  Please help

IMG_20210422_213543.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@niggles, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

1. Close all scanning apps, and then manually clear the print queue.

2. Close Apple Image Capture, HP Easy Scan, and HP Scan, if they are open.

3. Open the  Apple menu and go to “System Preferences” and choose Printers
  4. Select the active printer and choose “Open Print Queue” button
  5. Select and cancel the print job(s) as desired, canceling them and removing them from the printing queue.

Reset the print system (Mac)

Resetting the print system can clear any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, pending print jobs, and printer preferences.

CAUTION: 

Resetting the print system removes all printers. After you reset the print system, re-add your printers to the queue.

1. lick the Apple icon , click System Preferences, and then click Printers & Scanners, Print, and Scan, or Print and Fax.

2. Right-click or control+click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.

Clicking Reset printing system

3. Click Reset to confirm.

4. Type the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.

5. Once the reset is complete, re-add your printer. Click the Plus sign, select your printer in the list, and then click Add.

Now, try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.