Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Concur completely. Mine went into the garbage and made room for a Canon 4800 that has been flawless. Like you, I still have an older 1012 that soldiers on reliably. My HP computer also performs daily without complaint. You can tell I was once a loyal HP brand fan. Not so much anymore. Their computers may yet find a home here, but it is clear HP is moving out of the printer business, one customer at a time.

HP Recommended

yes. I have an HP laserjet 1020 and I have been using it for over 2 years with no cartridge change. I should have stopped there.    By the way, they have a noitce on these replies  that they don't read them.   ??? isn't that intelligent.  

HP Recommended

I have a 8625 and for months there has been a false report of a paper jam, and thus the scanner won't work.  There is no real paper jam.  The printer works fine.  The only time I called warranty was the one time when the paper jam report didn't show up, so there was no help offered.

This is obviously a sensor problem or software problem.  Why can't it be fixed?  Why are there private messages that fix the problems that many of us are suffering from?

HP Recommended

Please send me the private message too

Officjet Pro 8600 - FALSE paper jam error

Have tried everything in your help including power off, firmware updates, cleaning etc etc

How do you fix it - There is no actual problem

HP Recommended

Please send me the private message too.

I have tried everything to fix this!

Happy to risk bricking the machine as will otherwise replace with an alternative brand anyway

HP Recommended

The only way to fix this printer is to do what I did. The junk an wanted $15 to take it so I took it out back and creamed it with a sledge hammer, and then put the small pieces out with the trash.    Just take this one on the chin. HP will not even answer us. They also don't read this forum. If you don't believe me read the forum acceptance that you clicked on

HP Recommended
From 2014, about 8 pages of replies... Two years without a solution...
I have two of these 8600 n911a, same problems.... Tried everything, nothing help.
HP Recommended

You can't fix it and there is no hope of getting help from HP. best advice is to do what I did. Smash it up with a hammer and throw it out with your other garbage.  This is the worst piece of junk I have ever owned, however I keep replying to these stupid requests on how to fix it because every time I do HP evevates me to a higher status in the forum.  The more people I tell that this ids a piece of crap, the higher they elevate my ststus on the forum. A few more degrading replys and they might make me a general. P.S.  If you read the fine print on the Frum page it states that they do not read this, so maby they really don't know what a piece of S _ _ T thiis is.

HP Recommended

Hey, my Officejet Pro 6830 is just as big a piece of **bleep** as your 8600!!!!!

HP Recommended

So how to correct the sensor problem? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.