Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6958
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Printer will not print, printer initially says there is a paper jam.  - There is none, checked a lot of times.  Leads to an error 0x6100004a which leads nowhere.  Virtual Assistant says need to talk to agent, but of course that costs $50 to start with.

There is no guidance in this community other then restart the printer, and install firmware.  Firmware is up to date.   The cartrige tray will not slide out, is the only other symptom.  

What is most frustrating is the way HP handles their support - not under warranty - so we don't need to help you.  Sorry but this is BS.  I have a printer that a spent over $100 that last less than 2 years of personal use.  It was not abused, overworked etc.  I would love to know how many pages it printed.  

There is NO support for you products outside of warranty unless we spend at least $50 - why should do that.   Why should I spend any money on another HP produce.  The sad part is that I had an HP printer that last OVER 10 YEARS, and still works fine, except it's too difficult to get cartrigdes any more.

All I want to know is WHY the error is occurring, and what caused it, I am a tech guy, and the lack of personal attention to your products is very disappointing.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rungeek

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Rungeek.

I`ve not received any private message so far. Can you please advise where did you sent it ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with error code 0x6100004a on HP6958.  Have tried reset.  Ink cartridge will not move.  What is the fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.