Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This post seems incomplete.

Did the Soft-reset actually fix the problem?   I dont see a conclusion to the issue.

HP Recommended

JaySimonds7:   Please scroll through the pages and you will notice that a semi-full reset worked for many/most of us.  This, after a moderator stepped in to delete the steps I diligently outlined.  So, I re-posted steps that appear a few pages later.  As far as I know, they remain unedited by HP moderator.  HP never stepped in helpfully on this so that leads us all to think of a planned obsolescence and inability to support us despite continually sending firmware updates that supposedly “help us”.  My advice, don’t let your machine automatically update firmware…that should be a decision by you and taking on any risk associated with it.

HP Recommended

JaySimonds7:  See page 6 of 8 on this to see the steps.  Any other posts that say (content removed) are as a result of a moderator stepping in to be a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.  Copy/paste the text for future use or re-posting to perpetuate the good in our community solving the problem of the company and its moderator

HP Recommended

Blue screen error B82F6174 on my  Office jet Pro 7740. it is there all the times except when i switch it off. then it works for few minutes and then changes to blue error again

HP Recommended

How do i get rid of the blue screen B82F6174.  It is impacting our printing.  I have tried switching it on/off etc.  Please help.

HP Recommended

It helps to  read the previous posts on a discussion  to avoid asking as question that has been answered several times.  Go back to page 6 of this discussion.  At the top of the page,  you will see the ;answer to  you question in a post by Be the Light. He breaks the solution into several steps. His solution worked for me.  I never saw the blue screen again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.