Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a question about printing and shrink to fit.

I have a image I want to print and it is big.

I have 2 printers an epson and a officejet 8610.

When I print to my Epson printer the image is shrunk and prints all on one page.

But every large image I try to print on the 8610 it prints parts of the image to other pages.

I see no shrink to fit option in printer settings and my programs are already set to shrint to print.

So how do I turn on or find  the shrink to fit on the 8610 printer?

I have instant ink so I want to print on the 8610 but since it prints on multiple pages it have to keep using my epson printer currently.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Grenpara,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your printing inquiry.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 8.1 computer and you are trying to print a large image file, but there is no scale to fit page or shrink to fit option so the image gets printed on multiple pages. I would like to help with that.

What program are you trying to print from?

Is the file a JPEG or PDF, something else?

You could download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to make sure that everything is OK with the printer's software and drivers.

The 'scale to fit page' and 'fit to page' options have been removed from the the new HP Printer software and drivers because it is usually offered as an option in the program that you are printing from, kind of like how Shrink to Fit is an option found in MS Word.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Grenpara,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your printing inquiry.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 8.1 computer and you are trying to print a large image file, but there is no scale to fit page or shrink to fit option so the image gets printed on multiple pages. I would like to help with that.

What program are you trying to print from?

Is the file a JPEG or PDF, something else?

You could download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to make sure that everything is OK with the printer's software and drivers.

The 'scale to fit page' and 'fit to page' options have been removed from the the new HP Printer software and drivers because it is usually offered as an option in the program that you are printing from, kind of like how Shrink to Fit is an option found in MS Word.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply to my issue.

The program I am using is Microsoft Publisher and I finally got it to print small but now it cuts off part of the image.

I have done some searching online and it seems Microsoft Publisher has lots of issues with printing on many printers.

I have decided to switch to a different program as I have a few I can use.

I will find a different publishing program to get away from MS pub and how proprietary it is.

Thanks for the help.

Fred

HP Recommended

Just an FYI that NOT all programs give the shrink-to-print option!!  Hp not having it as an option (I have an 8610) anymore has been a huge inconvenience for me as I try to work from home.  I will be sure to research whether a printer has that option prior to making any future printer purchases.  It is beyond me why a printer company would *remove* helpful features!!  😞

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610.  Am using Windows 10.   In the past I did not have this issue.  So something has been reset.  Now when I print a PDF or a JPEG, the image does not shrink to fit and often prints on multiple pages.  A similar problem is if I try to photocopy a sheet that is 8.5 X 11 by laying it on the glass of the copier, the top right is cut off from the resulting copy.  (like if I am copying a check).

Please help.  I am very frustrated that I cannot contact anyone in support.  The virtual assistant is a total waste of time.  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hello JFSMITH3005,

IF you read full post you will see shrink to fit is not an option for this printer.

You now have to use what ever programs you use to print from if they have the shrink to print feature.

Why you print a pdf inside what ever pdf program you use select option in it if program has it.

For JPEG open in a photo program and select option in it to shrink to print. (Not in Printer settings)

The 8610 no longer is supported and has had shrink to print removed a long time ago years!

There is no other way except use programs that have that feature.

No more simply right clicking a jpg and printing.

Hope that helps.

Gren

HP Recommended

What about the issue I am having regarding photocopies?  When I place an 8.5 X 11 sheet on the glass of the copier, the copy is cut off.  The top right corner cuts off even though I have it placed in exactly the correct place.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

That is an issue with the scanner dying I am afraid to say.

Depending on usage it does happen and nothing can be done to fix it for cheap.

But you can try moving the document away from corner on glass then doing a scan.

After scan you can then use software to crop image and make it look proper.

It is cheaper to buy a new printer and get one with the extended warranty sold by HP.

Sorry for the bad news.

Gren

Why I buy HP either from them or store I always contact HP directly and buy extended warranty from them for 3  years.

You coul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.