Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi JB_2014,

I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@JB_2014 

As this is a 6520 I'd advise calling HP Phone Support (even though it's out of warranty), as you may require a replacement. Can you please let us known how you get on?

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

OK, HughLvn has sent me a private message to which I have replied.  I will phone customer support to see what options are available.

HP Recommended

Issue has  been reoslved following call to HP suport line - looks liek a hardware glich which needed clearing - so I sem to be able to print Black again.  Not sure if it is OK but I can share how my problem was solved - can the moderator confirm if this is OK?

HP Recommended

I don't understand why you can't share the exact fix procedure. I just spent $80 on three "genuine" HP print cartridges and the first two don't work right out of the box.  I've done the troubleshooting procedure three times. I am not sending my printer in for repair, as it worked just fine until we changed the print cartridge.

Which part of the print cartridge am I supposed to clean?

HP Recommended

silentfilm,

Please take a look here at Solution three: Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage an...

The images in the above document will show you the proper areas to clean and vent.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The procedure did not work. After spending some time troubleshooting on the phone with hardware support, they decided to replace my printer.

HP Recommended

Replaced ink and hey guess what.   Black ink won't print.  Tried all the remedies.  Nothing.  Called HP was told hey that's some good ink but you've got a bad printer.  Buy a new one.  It's less than 2 years old.  Are they made so bad that they are so disposable?  Really?  That's it? 

T

HP Recommended

Hi @TivoAteMyBaby,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are not able to print in black ink and you have tried the online recommendations with no success.

I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did call..I was told I had a bad printer.  Go buy a new one..Or at least I think that's what she said as I had quite a difficiult time understanding her.  I work from home, I have a daughter who is in the middle of her senior year of high school and another who is in college..If the printer/fax/scanner doesn't work for A DAY I have an issue.  

So I did go out and buy a new printer.  An Epson.

T

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.