Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
HP Recommended

@midnightsun, if you've already cleaned the contacts on the print heads and took apart the whole printer, I would suggest either replacing the print heads or call HP @8004746836 or see what options they have to replace or repair the printer. Now, I'm pretty sure HP will suggest replacing the print heads first. 

HP Recommended

I have this same problem with the HP 3210xi.

I have performed all the tasks mentioned above (sans the disk task, this is not an option on the 3210, and the re-adding the printer to the computer) including the reset to factory settings.  I have also swapped the yellow ink catridge with no change.

The printer has started to print primarily in yellow whether printing from the computer or copying off of the flat copy screen.

I will try one more item as mentioned by the other user, I will unplug the printer for 24 hrs and try again.

HP Recommended
Turned off and then unplugged printer for 24 hrs.
Plugged back in, turned it on, now all pictures are predominantly "peach" color.
I will retry the shutdown process then...I'm not sure.
HP Recommended
Second try.
Turned off and then unplugged printer for 24 hrs.
Plugged back in, turned it on, now green prints as light yellow and red prints as a mix of gold and burnt orange bars.
All solid colors printed with narrow color bars of a contracting color.
Pictures remain predominantly yellow and black.
I will retry reloading drivers and delete/reload printer on computer process then...I'm not sure what else to do. Don't want to lose the combination of capabilities that this unit provides.
HP Recommended

I have the same problems of my HP C6180 printer not printing magenta.   I have performed all the troubleshooting steps suggested by other people, including HP consultants, and have spent way too much time on this.  If I have to buy a new printhead, might as well buy a new printer - thanks HP.  I was a loyal HP customer, but now I'm switching to Canon - they have some good deals going on with their color printers.  Audios HP and to your POS C6180 printer!

HP Recommended

I have determined that the source of all my ink problems are a result of a print head failure.  As soon as I load a cartridge the printer dumps all the ink (not really very much ink) internally to the printer.  Really a short life for a seldom used scanner printer.

This unit is no longer available.  To maintain the same features that I had requires the purchase of two new units: 1) a scanner and 2) an al -in- one printer/fax.

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-one magenta does not print.  Self Test Diagnostic Page shows magenta as a light purple.  Have tried 4 cartridges of magenta, each at 100% ink level and years from expiration date.  Printing any colored document it prints in shades of yellow and green.  Printhead cleaning does not help.

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart 8250 that suddenly stopped printing Magenta. After cleaning the print nozzles the magenta box would come out light purple even with a brand new cartridge in. Based on what I read from the previous messages I thought it might be air in the lines that take the ink from the cartridge to the print head.

This is what I did and now (for the time being) it is printing magenta.

I disconnected the printer from the computer.

Flipped the printer so the ink cartridges are facing up and the cord is hanging off the end of the desk. Hold on to the printer so it doesn't fall.

Then I ran a clean printhead sequence. After the first time it was printing magenta with some lines through it. So I ran it again.

Then I put it back down and reconnected it to the computer.

And now it is working perfectly.

Hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

This suggestion above sounds like a joke.  Clean printheads while printer upside down? 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.