Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've tried reinstalling, drivers cannot be found, and the stupid HP app only prints PDFSs?????

Every other month, I have to do this. Just work, just make a printer that ALWAYS works, that is ALWAYS online, that is just simple "plug and play".

Now, I have a wireless printer that WON'T PRINT wirelessly. I plugged in the USB and now it want's to work.

THIS IS THE LAST HP PRINTER THAT I WILL EVER BUY.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Note...

< All content removed as un-necessary in the context of  the response >

For those reading

Find answers contributed by this author elsewhere in the Community.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Solution:

Walk over to your barely wireless printer and tell it to RECONNECT to the network.

Uninstall your printer (ie forget it in the stupid HP app & your computer)

Install your printer from Printer and Scanners on your computer

Complete installation with the stupid HP app.

Wait forever for HP to get it's own drivers...

Look for alternative printer companies to buy from, never get an HP again.

Save up money for a new printer and use the HP one for target practice or revenge on your enemy.

Because the stupid app tells you to install from Windows but the driver is still missing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.