Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have continual issues with the printer showing off line. 

It identifies when searching for bluetooth devices and shows paired but then no option to connect.

It originally identified my portable wifi but now will not show the option to connect.

On occasion it will 'randomly' print some minutes after and then not connect again.

I am somewhat lost!!!!

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Take a look at this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Many thanks for the response. I am struggling as the HP Doctor cannot connect to the printer. In addition the printer will not recognise my wifi, although this was not the case several weeks ago. Further, the printer is recognised by my laptop and 'paired' via bluetooth. However, it is not able to 'connect' via bluetooth.

This was not previously a problem, although the connectivity has been erratic in the past.

HP Recommended

Is the firmware on the 250 up to date, latest is 1940A.

Is the warranty still in effect?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, problem is I can't connect to internet, so not sure how I would update the firmware. I would like to reset the printer but can't seem to find how to do that.

Unfortunately the printer is just over 13 months old so out of warranty......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.