Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4650 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a handmade business and print labels for lip balms with all different designs. My other HP printer printed them fine...I pick glossy for the paper choice (my labels are glossy) and they would print and the print would stick just fine as we attached them to the tubes. I had to replace the printer recently.  I just got my 4650 and the ink is coming off terribly! This morning I did some labels with black in them and my hands and the tubes were black!  What's the problem??? Did they change the ink? I'm using up the free cartriges that came with the printer....is that cheaper ink? Help! (and yes, I have inkjet labels and an inkjet printer)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click HERE to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Note : Check for Dry Time option under Ink and Toner Handling Setting

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click HERE to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Note : Check for Dry Time option under Ink and Toner Handling Setting

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

The thing I would check would be the print settings.  The pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy media.  When you select glossy media in the printer it will automatically use the color ink even to make black.

It sounds like your printer is using the black ink, which it would do for plain paper media.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Okay so not only do i have to pick the "glossy" right on the printer but in my printer settings on my computer I need to change it? Sorry  I"m a little confused!

HP Recommended

The settings you put in the printer will likely only change the Copy settings.  You will need to change the print settings from the computer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.