Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
8710 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I was chatting with an agent last week.  I needed to do some troubleshooting which I did.  Now I cannot find a link to re-connect with a live chat.  All the links in the forum don't work.  So frustrating!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KarenCA

If HP chat is available in your location, it will show up as a contact option after you complete the form information.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Shopping or Support > Get Started

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact > Get started
  2. Click the Blue “?” to see help on finding your Product Number / Serial Number
  3. View Contact options

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: 0207 660 0596

Everywhere else

HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Numberand Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KarenCA

If HP chat is available in your location, it will show up as a contact option after you complete the form information.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Shopping or Support > Get Started

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact > Get started
  2. Click the Blue “?” to see help on finding your Product Number / Serial Number
  3. View Contact options

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: 0207 660 0596

Everywhere else

HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Numberand Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!  I spent at least an hour trying to make this work.  Sometimes the "Options" button would be inactive.  Quite frustrating.

HP Recommended

@KarenCA

You are welcome.

Good luck with resolving your issue.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click the appropriate post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

HP ENVY 5010 all in one printer  - Brand new!!    Before I bought it I was promised I could get help setting it up.    My old printer (also an HP ENVY)  was sending out a message that action was needed so I decided to replace it as I have had it a long time.    We experienced some difficulties with the set up and the Chat Line was not available so my Daughter rang the UK helpline at about 4.00pm on Monday 7th September 2019 (she rang because I am deaf)   They took my number and promised to call me back (couldn't give a time)    It is now Wednesday 9th September and they have still not called.   The Chat Line is still not available.    The Printer is working after a fashion (spasmodically - long delay between print request and actually printing) and I am still getting the action needed message.   I have a brand new machine, need help and unable to get it.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.