Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5544
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HP Envy 5544 - After the original Black HP62 supplied with my new printer expired, I purchased a genuine HP62 Black cartridge.

I have now signed up for Instant Ink.

However the genuine HP62 is not "enrolled" into Instant Ink.

How can I get a Black Instatnt Ink cartridge to initiate Instant Ink supply ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your Instant Ink cartridges will arrive with your Welcome package in about 10 business days after signing up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your Instant Ink cartridges will arrive with your Welcome package in about 10 business days after signing up.

HP Recommended

Very helpful - thank you so much. 

Real pity the Instant Ink website does not provide your information.

All I could find was a message stating "If a non HP Instant Ink cartridge is installed, we won't know when to ship your next cartridge...........".

No mention I could find of a Welcome pack !

Thanks again - Gordon

HP Recommended

As soon as you signed up you received an email like this...

Your HP Instant Ink service has started. 
You will not be billed anything for your service, unless you need to print
more than 15 pages a month. If you do need to print more, additional pages
are available in sets of 10 pages for only $1 per set. You can also change
your plan at any time,3 so you get more pages for a better value. 

You will receive a set of replacement HP Instant Ink cartridges in about 10
business days.
Tracking information will be sent in a separate email. You can insert these cartridges once your current cartridges run out of ink, and going forward you will receive replacement cartridges only when you need ink. Since HP Instant Ink cartridges have more ink than XL HP cartridges, you won't have to replace them as often, which also means you may not receive frequent shipments.
HP Recommended

Thank you Sabretooth04.

I did receive that email, but was 'fooled' by the "My Ink" message :

"If a non HP Instant Ink cartridge is installed, we won't know when to ship your next cartridge. Please insert an HP Instant Ink cartridge to ensure your service continues without interruption."

Thanks for your prompt responses - much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.