Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
MacBook Air
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Bonjour, je viens d'acquérir un nouvel ordinateur (un MacBook Air). Aujourd'hui, c'est la première fois que j'ai besoin d'imprimer un document depuis que j'ai ce nouvel ordi : il s'agit d'une attestation de déplacement dérogatoire pour le couvre-feu (plutôt urgent). JMon imprimante reste inchangée, à savoir l'imprimante HP Deskjet F4580. Comme à mon habitude, je branche le port USB de mon imprimante à mon ordinateur. Mon ordinateur le reconnaît aussitôt : dans Préférences Systèmes > Imprimantes et scanners, mon imprimante s'affiche ("inactive, par défaut"). Sur Word, je me rends dans Fichier > Imprimer > Sélection de mon imprimante > Imprimer. Et là, rien ne se passe. Normalement, sur mon précédent ordinateur (MacBook Air également), j'avais une page avec la file d'attente d'impression qui apparaissait (c'est-à-dire le nombre de documents en attente d'impression, leur nombre de pages, etc...), ce qui n'est plus le cas. Mon imprimante, toujours reliée par câble USB, ne bouge pas (et ce, alors-même que j'ai vérifié l'encre et la quantité de papier). Après avoir téléchargé le logiciel spécifique pour Imprimante HP Deskjet F4500 pour Mac sur internet, cela ne fonctionne toujours pas. Pouvez-vous svp m'aider à imprimer ce document ?

De plus, je voudrais savoir comment scanner. Auparavant, sur mon ancien MacBook Air, dans Préférences Systèmes > Imprimantes et Scanners, un onglet de "Scan" était affiché : il suffisait de cliquer dessus pour ouvrir le Scanner de mon imprimante. Mais celui-ci ne s'affiche plus. Mes seules possibilités à l'heure actuelle, sur ce nouvel ordi, sont : "Ouvrir la liste d'attente d'impression" (qui reste totalement vide alors-même que je tente d'imprimer un document) ou "Options et fournitures" (qui est incapable de donner le niveau d'encre encore présent dans l'imprimante).

Par conséquent, pouvez-vous svp m'aider à résoudre ces deux problèmes ? Je vous avoue que j'ai vraiment besoin d'imprimer mon attestation de déplacement dérogatoire au plus vite.

En vous remerciant d'avance de vos réponses

Bien cordialement

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have just acquired a new computer (a MacBook Air). Today is the first time I need to print out a document since I got this new computer: it is a travel certificate derogatory for the curfew (rather urgent). My printer remains unchanged, which is the HP Deskjet F4580 Printer, and as usual I plug the USB port of my printer into my computer. My computer immediately recognises it: in System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, my printer is displayed ("inactive, default"). In Word, I go to File > Print > Select my printer > Print. Nothing happens there. Normally, on my previous computer (MacBook Air too), I had a page with the print queue appearing (i.e. the number of documents waiting to be printed, their number of pages, etc.), which is no longer the case. My printer, still connected by USB cable, does not move (even though I checked the ink and the amount of paper). After downloading the specific software for HP Deskjet F4500 Printer for Mac from the internet, it still doesn't work. Can you please help me print this document?
Also, I would like to know how to scan. Previously, on my old MacBook Air, in System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, a "Scan" tab was displayed: just click on it to open the Scanner for my printer. But it no longer appears. My only options at the moment, on this new computer, are: "Open the Print Waiting List" (which remains completely empty even when I try to print a document) or "Options and Supplies" (which is unable to give the ink level still present in the printer).
Therefore, can you please help me solve these two problems? I confess that I really need to print my override travel certificate as soon as possible.
Thanking you in advance for your answers
Yours sincerely

HP Recommended

@JJJulie

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
First, let's work on scanning issue:
You could refer to this article on How to Scan from your computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-f4500-all-in-one-printer-series/3944755/model/394475...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.