Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I feel like I'm being completely scammed by Instant Ink. The main issue is that they aren't sending cartridges before they  run out completely. In fact, my magenta cartridge has been running very low for weeks, and ran out completely earlier this week, yet HP hasn't even begun the process of sending a replacement. It just kept estimating that I'd need a cartidge in about a week (even when it was completely empty and I couldn't print).  It doesn't really seem in keeping with the basic premise of the Instant Ink program -- which bills itself as a convenience that keeps you from having to worry about when to buy cartridges -- that I should just not use my printer at all until they get around to sending one.

Worse yet, when I went out and got a store-bought HP brand cartidge and installed it, I'm now being told: "Non HP Instant Ink cartridge installed: We can't determine your next shipment, because we aren't able to read your ink levels." So...not only did I have to pay for an HP-brand cartidge, but now it looks like they aren't even sending me another (while still taking my money)!  In other words, I'm now effectively paying double for cartridges: once at the store because mine have run out completely, and once throught Instant Ink (which I will apparently never receive).

On top of all that, even if I were getting cartidges in a timely way -- which, again, I am not -- I'm realizing that the supposed savings of up to 50% are non-existant. I have definitely paid more into Instant Ink that I would have if I'd just been buying the cartridges on my own. (And that doesn't figure in the cost of the store-bought HP-brand cartidges that are the source of my current problem.)

[Content Removed]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Jeet - Please contact me as well. I feel like I'm being completely scammed by Intant Ink. You aren't sending cartridges before they run out completely. And when I replaced one with a store-bought HP brand cartidge , I'm now being told that you're no longer sending one at all. So, I'm now effectively paying double for cartridges -- once at the store because mine have run out completely, and once throught Instant Ink (which I will apparently never receive).

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi @JWalta

Since @Jeet_singh is not in the office, I will take this forward.

I need some information about your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public forum. Please check your Private message and respond to me with the details.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.