Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer

I am having issues trying to open HP Smart app for windows 10. my printer works great in adobe but the HP Smart app error only says sorry something went wrong nonsense. [content edited]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SMS1000,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

It sounds like you're having trouble opening the HP Smart app on your Windows 10 computer. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve software issues.

Check for updates: Make sure Windows 10 is up to date by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

Reinstall the HP Smart app: If the app is still not opening, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find the HP Smart app, and click on it. Then click on Uninstall. Once it's uninstalled, download and install the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Check for antivirus/firewall interference: Sometimes, antivirus software or firewall settings can interfere with the app's ability to open. Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall and see if the app opens. If it does, you may need to add an exception for the HP Smart app in your antivirus or firewall settings.

Check for conflicting software: If you have recently installed any new software, it may be conflicting with the HP Smart app. Try uninstalling any recently installed software and see if the app opens.

Hope this helps. 

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.