Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Name: HP LaserJet M4555 MFP

Model: CE738A

Firmware Version: 3.2.3 

Firmware Revision: 2302786_433702

Workstation OS: Windows 7

I can not find why I can not print on the tray 2, any ideas?

When I try to print to the tray 2, the print goes to the tray 1. if the tray one is close or with no paper the printer gives me an error and request to insert some paper on the tray 1 to print it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Probably because the print request is specifying a PaperSize (e.g. A4 or Letter) and/or a PaperType (e.g. Plain or Letterhead) which does not correspond to the the size and type which the printer thinks is in tray 2 (size is usually auto-detected via sensors attached to the slides in the tray, type has to be set via the front panel menu system (or Embedded Web Server equivalent).

Or perhaps the request is specifying 'manual feed'?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Probably because the print request is specifying a PaperSize (e.g. A4 or Letter) and/or a PaperType (e.g. Plain or Letterhead) which does not correspond to the the size and type which the printer thinks is in tray 2 (size is usually auto-detected via sensors attached to the slides in the tray, type has to be set via the front panel menu system (or Embedded Web Server equivalent).

Or perhaps the request is specifying 'manual feed'?

HP Recommended

The issue was on the Tray.

Inside the tray, where the paper goes, the plastic holder has to be moved to A4. In this case, it looks like it was, but it didn't registed on the machine.

A way to test it is on the tray configuration on the software of the machine, the option for A4 it will be enable only if the tray is set correctly.

Cheers

HP Recommended

check paper setting

correct size in printer and CPU

if tray 2 is not working the nsomething wrong with tray or PCA is bad 

HP Recommended

tray 1 set to any tyoe/size 

tray 2 the letter and plain 8.5 x ect

HP Recommended

How do I get to the software of the printer?

How do get it to print with Tray 2 when I get to the printer software?
Tray 2 is scrap paper, Tray 1 is letterhead.  I moved the plastic on Tray 2 to A4, as suggested, but it still prints from Tray 1.

HP Recommended

Hello @Kathy87,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.