Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
8625 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have installed 4 different new authentic HP ink cartridges & rinter always says that the cartridge is incompatible.  Very frustrating past few days, I need to print!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check the cartridge region id, for more info take a look at this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Check the cartridge region id, for more info take a look at this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I live in Seattle area, bought printer in Seattle area & all new cartridges are authentic HP with Z10 (US/Canada).

HP Recommended

To rule out a region problem check what region the printer is set to.

On the front panel of the printer go to the home screen and press the ink droplet icon at the top of the screen. 
Next touch the black rectangle. 
At this point a new window will open that says "installed cartridge" and "Supported cartridge". 
What are the cartridge numbers listed?

HP Recommended

AH HA!  Printer is Z20 & cartridges are Z10 (US/Canada).  Why alll of a sudden after all these years does this become an issue?

THANK YOU so much!

HP Recommended

The regionalization reset is covered by cartridge warranty, see the document here for information.
To get warranty coverage you will need to go to the Contact HP page, then enter the information for your printer. 
At this point it will likely say "Manufacturer's warranty has expired"  to the right of this it will say "See details". 
Click the "See details" link, which will open another page with more details. 
Near the bottom of the text will be a paragraph that says : 
HP has checked your product information, including the product and serial numbers, to determine your warranty results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.