Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Yeah sure.  But you need to send me your email by private message so I can send the installation disc files to you.

Kind regards

Clive

HP Recommended

Same printer copies perfectly in colour scans to computer ok but will  not print in colour Help!!

HP Recommended

Hi everyone

I had exactly the same probelm with my HP 5541 as so many others. Suddenly no option to change my printing preference to colour, so everything was in grayscale - but scanning & copying in colour.

I looked through quite a few messages & then contacted Snakes1000 - who answered me the same day & sent me a copy of the original drivers that came with the printer - which resolved all my issues! Contact him if you're having the same problem.

Thanks again Snakes!

HP Recommended

I'm really glad I could help.

HP Recommended

SOLVED !!!! Huge thanks to Snakes 1000 who has supplied original installation files which, after deleting all other HP Envy 5540 files, I reinstalled using Snakes shared setup files. I have colour printing back with all the right options back on the software. Come on HP send this man a bonus for helping you out!!

HP Recommended

Snakes 1000 saved the day sending me the original installation files after deleting the newer HP installation files. It now works again.  

The only way it worked for me to print color with the newer installed files is to connect the USB it worked then but not via wireless. 

HP Recommended

@Snakes1000 has saved the day again.

Thanks for the help, my printer is now printing in colour.

Simon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.