Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

My printer keeps searching for the router

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @v_seeley123,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP 5255 printer is not connecting to your router, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check Network Connection: Ensure that your router is powered on and functioning properly. Make sure that other devices can connect to the same Wi-Fi network without any issues.
  • Printer Placement: Ensure that your printer is within the range of your router's Wi-Fi signal. If the signal is weak, try moving the printer closer to the router.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting both your printer and router can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off the printer and router, wait for a few minutes, and then turn them back on.
  • Wi-Fi Settings on Printer: Access the Wi-Fi settings on your printer and make sure it is set to connect to your Wi-Fi network. Follow the printer's manual or on-screen instructions to input the correct Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password.
  • Router Settings: Check your router's settings to ensure that it is not blocking the printer from connecting. Look for any firewall or security settings that might be affecting the printer's ability to connect.
  • Update Firmware: Make sure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Check the HP website for any available firmware updates for your specific printer model.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: If you've previously connected the printer to a different network, reset the printer's network settings to clear any previous configurations. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to do this.
  • Reconfigure Printer: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reconfigure the printer's network settings from scratch. Follow the printer's manual or on-screen instructions to set up the Wi-Fi connection again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.