Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Printer

My hp6000e is printing in very light ink.  I just installed new ink.  How do I correct

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @joie2430 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Perform the following tasks in the order given. Use the printer after each task to see if the issue is resolved.

Clean the printhead (HP Smart app)

• Use the HP Smart app to clean the printhead and fix many print quality issues including incorrect colors, streaks, and faded printouts.
  • Load plain white paper into the tray.
  • Open the HP Smart app, and then click the image of your printer to open the settings and management tools.
  • Under Tools, click Print Quality Tools, and then select Clean Printhead or Clean.
  • A Cleaning printhead message displays, and a test page prints.

EXAMPLE OF TEST PAGE PRINTOUTS

Examples of a test page

• Examine the print quality on the test page.
  • If the print quality is acceptable, you are done troubleshooting.
  • If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Yes in the HP Smart app to perform a second-level and third-level cleaning, which are more thorough and take a few extra minutes to complete.
  • NOTE:
  • Printheads that are badly clogged might require another printhead cleaning cycle. Wait at least 30 minutes before cleaning the printhead again.

Click here for the remaining steps. 

Update the firmware. Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.