Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Plus All In one 4100 series

I have a Deskjet Plus All in One4100 series printer. The power light just started blinking. I can't get it to turn off or do anything. It is not a fast blink so it isn't the ink cartridge.  Any ideas? 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @Freckles42,

I'd like to help!

The printer is processing a job. To cancel the job, press the Cancel button (X)

You may also try a power reset -

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Sorry, but this is not a solution. This is a workaround to a constant failure with the same problem for many people I've see.

My issue:
Once the printer enter in stand-by mode, it doesn't come back. It respond to a test communication or even print a copy using the print button, however it doesn't respond to remote print commands or shutdown (Once pressed the power button it starts to blink forever, like if its processing something, but there is nothing to process).

I've tried to reset the print configuration but didn't solve the issue. Whenever it enter in the stand-by, it will rest forever.

HP Recommended

@WagAndre

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have? To which device is your Printer connected to?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is happening to me as well.   After Power shut down- came back with an immediate error - Cannot use the Print cartridges until I set up HP Print ink Service - which already I  have been a part of since purchased this HP printer several years ago.  All I could do is select CONTINUE.   Now it shows as Printing alignment page - but this is all it does - with a spinning circle on the panel.  I hold the power button until is displays SHUTTING DOWN - but once again just sits there an spins.  

I cannot get the Printer shut down- without unplugging it.   But then it is not resetting.   I use as a Network printer off my network - but since no diagnostic can seem to commuicate to my printer - I connected a USB cable.    so now shows my printer as Network and USBversion.   But diagnositics cannot seem to communicate with either version. What do I do now?

HP Recommended

Hi @Betty0610. The same product mentioned in this thread (HP Deskjet Plus All In One 4100 Series).

I'm using wireless connectivity with Windows 10 notebook, and android devices also.

None of them works to submit print.

I've performed the diagnostic tool (Scan Doctor) with all instructed solutions including reseting the printer, removing and reinstalling the drivers, but nothing works. It's already with most updated firmware.

Is there something else to try?

HP Recommended

@WagAndre

Let's restore the network settings on the Printer: Press and hold the Wireless button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

Once done, try connecting the Printer to the Wi-Fi again.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@GOLDENLAB

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Betty0610,

I already performed this procedure, to reset wireless settings, more than once, and it didn't resolve the issue.

Anything else?

HP Recommended

From when is this happening?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.