Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought a printer HP3775 in Suriname now I want to change the black cartridge, but the shop has only a 304 and that onje is also nfor bvthe 3700 series but the printer does not recognice the cartridge.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Cor1948,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing compatibility issues with your printer cartridge replacement. The HP 664 and HP 304 cartridges might not be compatible due to regional differences or specific requirements of your printer model.

Have you changed the region?

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check Compatibility: Make sure that the HP 304 cartridge is compatible with your HP 3775 printer model. You can do this by checking the printer's manual or by visiting the HP website and looking up compatible cartridges for your specific printer model.

Ensure Proper Installation: Double-check that the cartridge is properly installed in the printer. Sometimes cartridges may not be recognized if they are not inserted correctly.

Clean Contacts: Clean the contacts on both the cartridge and the printer where they make contact. Dust or debris can sometimes interfere with the connection.

Restart Printer: Try restarting your printer after installing the new cartridge. This can sometimes prompt the printer to recognize the new cartridge.

Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve compatibility issues with new cartridges.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.