Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640 e All-in-One-Seri
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I change the paper (photo to document)  when I go back to the regular paper, it immediately either goes offline or it gets stuck in queue.  Now it is stuck in queue.  Is there any way to get this printer to print without all of these problems.  I am extremely illiterate about computers and this makes so mad.

You helped me with the 'offline' now can you help with this problem.  Thanks for the help, I truly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Sam141, Greetings!

Welcome back to HP support forums. I'd be happy to help you with your printing issues with your Envy 7640 printer.

I understand you are a new user with this printer, hence I would suggest using an automated tool to fix this and many other common printer related issues.

Go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and install HP print and scan doctor. This tool will quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. You can save this for any future issues that you may encore.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Sam141, Greetings!

Welcome back to HP support forums. I'd be happy to help you with your printing issues with your Envy 7640 printer.

I understand you are a new user with this printer, hence I would suggest using an automated tool to fix this and many other common printer related issues.

Go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and install HP print and scan doctor. This tool will quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. You can save this for any future issues that you may encore.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you, Thank you so much.. It did as you said and now (for now) it is working as it should.  I don't know for how long but for now it is great...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.