Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the last few weeks, our 7740 has stopped responding, the display just shows "B82F621C " and an icon of the Power symbol, which we need to power cycle the printer for it to come back. Otherwise, it's working fine.  I can't find a reference to the code. I'm guessing it's indicating a piece of hardware is failing.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If still under warranty get it repaired/replaced before too late. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Too late for that. 

HP Recommended

Same problem with our HP OJ 7440. Google search doesn't show any info about this error reference code. Can we have official info about this code? Turning the printer off and on eliminates the blue screen, but it would be nice if we could have adequate information on this code. Thanks in advance. PS: I hope this is not a "hacking sign" that our HP OJ 7740 has been compromised.

HP Recommended
Spoiler
I’m having the exact same issue, and it only started a few weeks ago.  And my printer is long out of warranty, but has been performing like a champ all this time ex pet for a wired print head/cartridge issue that happened about 6 months ago.  That problem wasn’t resolved with a brand new HP print head, cartridges or even a cartridge.  But after going back to the original print head, in the original printer, the error did finally go away.  The HP rep said a number of people were reporting similar issue.

So i said all of this to say that if it suddenly appeared for all of us, like the print head issue, I believe it’s a software issue that probably manifest itself after a update.

Therefore, could a HP software engineer prove me right or wrong.  And get a new software update out to fix it please.  Or tell me that I’m wrong, but please talk to us one way or the other?

p.s:  I have both macs and Window PCs printing to the same printer over a gigabit (801 AC) home LAN if that helps.
HP Recommended

@tthaddeausjones, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern.  A new firmware update is available on the HP site. Click here to download the same from your computer and check if that helps.

Also, check the print carriage is moving freely inside the printer. Refer to the steps mentioned in this document - Carriage jam or E3 error

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info on the  printhead problem.  I had already upgraded my firmware for this, and the problem did indeed goo away.

However, I still am getting the occasional "B82F621C" 'blue screen of death' message, requiring me to re-boot the printer.

Any fix for that?

HP Recommended

@tthaddeausjones

Let us try to turn off IPv6 and check if that helps:

Use the control panel to turn off the IPv6 setting.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Network Setup, and then touch Advanced Settings.

3. Turn off IPv6, and then touch Yes to confirm.

4. Check for the issue.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer already had the latest firmware 2113B.00 on it. I had tried to update using the firmware before this prior to creating this thread and it already had the 2113B.00 firmware on the printer.

I've checked the cartridges and they move freely, and the printer is working normally except for when it crashes with this eror.

HP Recommended

@rmontrose

if you have tried turning off IPv6 and the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer if under warranty. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.