Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Dell
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I have the ink by mail program which connects to the internet and HP with a wireless network connection.

The wireless connection is no longer working on the printer. All other wireless devices in the house continue to function. I now can print only by connecting the printer to a USB port on the computer. The big problem is that HP  no longer  able to see my usage and ink levels.

So the question is: is there a way to restore the wireless capability of the Printer, or a different way to communicate my usage to HP?

I have been through all the troubleshooting procedures and always end up with a window that says something like "File is corrupt.

Any ideas out there...thanks  Skip782

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Skip782,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to restore the printer to the network defaults and then run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to the connect to the network.

To restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to print the network configuration page and check if the printer is restored. 

To print the network configuration page, 

From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard. Touch (Wireless) or (Ethernet) to display the network status screen. Touch Print Details to print the network configuration page.

Once done, Run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect to the network. For more details, please go through the User guide of your printer and scroll down to page number 90.

1. From the printer control panel display, touch (Wireless).

2. Touch (Settings).

3. Touch Wireless Settings

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to do a root level uninstall and reinstall of the printer drivers.

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software..
  • In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let me know how it goes!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Skip782,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to restore the printer to the network defaults and then run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to the connect to the network.

To restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to print the network configuration page and check if the printer is restored. 

To print the network configuration page, 

From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard. Touch (Wireless) or (Ethernet) to display the network status screen. Touch Print Details to print the network configuration page.

Once done, Run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect to the network. For more details, please go through the User guide of your printer and scroll down to page number 90.

1. From the printer control panel display, touch (Wireless).

2. Touch (Settings).

3. Touch Wireless Settings

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to do a root level uninstall and reinstall of the printer drivers.

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software..
  • In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let me know how it goes!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet_sing,

Thank you so much. I went through steps 1 through 5 and the connectivity to my router was restored. I then printed a" Wireless Network Test Results" page; on which all items were "Pass".

Now I'll be back on "Instant Ink" program.

Thanks again,

Skip782

HP Recommended

@Skip782,

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.