Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g

OfficeJet Pro 8600 error says "Printer Failure There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on." I have turned the printer on and off several times but problem is not solved. I ran the HP Smart diagnostic tool but received no further information. I cleared the printer queue and reloaded the printer on my Printers and Devices list. Still have the error. The error happened while printing a 33 page double-sided document.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You may need to do a factory reset
https://www.webcartridge.co.uk/blog/how-to-reset-the-hp-officejet-pro-8600-and-8610-printers

Do not do the COMPLETE RESET

Possibly it may ask that you insert the original setup cartridges that came with the printer.  You probably do not have those and if you did they are probably empty.

Let me know what happens if you try the reset.

Click here to check warranty
and
Click here for world-wide contact info
Or contact the closest authorized service center

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, the printer screen continues to display the error message so i can't get to the general menu. Do you know how to make the error message go away so I can navigate to the factory reset option?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.