Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello, please help me! HP Support is very frustrating. I've spent 5 hours trying to resolve this issue! 1) unable to print 2) HP Instant Ink shows 'offline' status so I am unable to order ink from the prepaid package I purchased. 

1) Laptop shows that my HP OfficeJetPro 9010 is installed properly with status of "ready". Every time I try to print, it gives me an error "unable to print "name of document".  The message does not give any further details. I've run the HP print doctor and it prints "successful" test page, noting the connection to my printer has "passed" all diagnostics.  The printer shows "connected", no error messages, connected to my network.  I've done the rest to factory settings and re-entered network info. All signs are a go until I try to print. 

2) The HP InstantInk shows the printer is offline. When I try to do all the "virtual agent" suggestions nothing helps. 

I've had this printer since September 2020. Issue #1 has always been an issue, through countless calls and hours to support. I get the error-unable to print, but the pages printed anyway after a few minutes. Now it is not printing at all, and this other issue with InstantInk "offline" has appeared. 

I am working from home and NEED THIS PRINTER TO WORK. Please help me!

Thank you, 

Eila 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you print a Printer Status Report from the printer or may you get any specific error on the printer front panel?

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06198906

Also, is the printer connected wirelessly or using Ethernet?

For a Wireless connection, please print and evaluate a Wireless Test Report as well, may you see any alert or warning listed by the report?

• From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon.
  • Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Wireless Test Report. A Wireless Network Test Results report prints.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.