Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the Officejet 9015e a few months ago. 

About 1 week ago I started to get the error message on the printer that says:  

Check Your Account (this is the title bar)

"A problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print soon unless the issue is resolved.

To learn more, open the HP Smart app or visit www.hpsmart.com and sign in"

I have no idea what is going on. I am NOT, nor never, subscribed to the Instant Ink program nor anything else. I signed up for hpsmart.com for the extra warranty and decided I don't want the other paid services. I logged onto hpsmart.com and found no help when searching nor any notifications or anything else of help.

I did recently replace all 3 original color cartridges after the printer said they were empty. The original black is still in place, the printer is NOT reporting it as low/empty and it has about 15% left. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alanpo 

I would guess that the issue is that the remaining black cartridge is an Instant Ink "Ready" cartridge.

Left alone, it is complaining as if there is something wrong with the whole setup.

Yes, I know - it's not logical.

I could be wrong...

That said,

The best (well, easier) plan might be to sacrifice that final 15% of ink and replace the black cartridge.

If you cannot / will not / dislike that option.

If you do replace the cartridge and the printer is still complaining,

Contact HP Support Concierge Support (included with your HP+ printer).

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer 

On your printer Home page:

HP+ Printer > Concierge Help > Click the Contact Us link in the Orange box

Missing categories in your HP+ support website?

Open (for example) the support site for "HP OfficeJet Pro 9015"

Main series website (non + model) includes any missing "Category" sections not found in the HP+ printer site

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alanpo 

I would guess that the issue is that the remaining black cartridge is an Instant Ink "Ready" cartridge.

Left alone, it is complaining as if there is something wrong with the whole setup.

Yes, I know - it's not logical.

I could be wrong...

That said,

The best (well, easier) plan might be to sacrifice that final 15% of ink and replace the black cartridge.

If you cannot / will not / dislike that option.

If you do replace the cartridge and the printer is still complaining,

Contact HP Support Concierge Support (included with your HP+ printer).

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer 

On your printer Home page:

HP+ Printer > Concierge Help > Click the Contact Us link in the Orange box

Missing categories in your HP+ support website?

Open (for example) the support site for "HP OfficeJet Pro 9015"

Main series website (non + model) includes any missing "Category" sections not found in the HP+ printer site

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.