Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a

My Officejet pro 8600 will not do anything. It says there is a printer error or problem with ink cartridge, I have taken all of the steps to reset the printer but the problem persistsI’m unable to use the menu because it’s just stuck on the error message. Please help I just want my printer to work. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kqmd,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating issue with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer. When dealing with printer errors related to ink cartridges, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

• Restart the printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again. Sometimes a simple reboot can resolve temporary issues.
  • Check ink cartridges: Make sure that all ink cartridges are properly installed in their respective slots and that they are not low on ink. If you suspect an ink cartridge might be causing the problem, try removing it, checking for any visible issues like leaks or clogs, and then reinserting it securely.
  • Clean cartridge contacts: Sometimes the metal contacts on the ink cartridges or inside the printer can get dirty, which can cause communication errors. Gently clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth dampened with distilled water. Allow them to dry completely before reinstalling the cartridges.
  • Update firmware: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. You can usually find firmware updates on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and bugs.
  • Reset the printer: Perform a full reset of the printer by following the instructions in the user manual or on the HP support website. This typically involves pressing a combination of buttons on the printer's control panel in a specific sequence.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.