By default, the printer draws paper from Tray 1. If Tray 1 is empty and Tray 2 is installed and contains paper, the printer draws paper from Tray 2. You can change the behaviors using the following features:
● Default Tray: Set the default tray from which the printer draws paper first when paper of the same size is loaded in both Tray 1 and Tray 2.
● Tray Lock: Lock a tray to prevent it from accidental use; for example, when you have loaded special paper (such as letterhead or pre-printed paper). The printer will not use a locked tray even when the other tray is empty
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
To change the tray settings:
1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
2. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Setup).
3. Scroll and touch Tray and Paper Management.
4. Select either Default Tray or Tray Lock, and then select the appropriate option.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".