Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
C309a
Microsoft Windows XP

A critical firmware update is available on HP media, file 22134_hpcom_C309a_fw_update_v4.exe. However, if you try to install it, an error message "The printer is not connected ...." appears. This message is incorrect, the printer remains connected and working. Surely it is a serious bug in the update that may prevent it from updating the firmware.
Although the firmware version can be easily obtained from the printer, HP does not provide information about it.

I called HP support several times, but they do not seem to understand that I tried to sell me a new printer with my negative answer. The update is dated 07-2009 on the HP website.
The behavior held by HP is reprehensible for a large company like the same.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Fabio84

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.