Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4632

Can I print from a chromebook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Faye24,

Yes.  Your printer is an e-print capable printer.   If you have never used eprint you will need to follow Step 1 "Getting started w/ ePrint". 

Then follow Step 2 to connect w/ Google Cloud Print. 

Here is the document link.

Jean

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI Faye24,

There are various printers and ways to print from Chromebook. 

Here is a document that should get you started.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Will it work for HP Officejet 4632?

HP Recommended

Hi Faye24,

Yes.  Your printer is an e-print capable printer.   If you have never used eprint you will need to follow Step 1 "Getting started w/ ePrint". 

Then follow Step 2 to connect w/ Google Cloud Print. 

Here is the document link.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! 

HP Recommended

faye24 i want to print from my gmail account not the"cloud"

pm3

HP Recommended

Hi pm-3,

Printing from gmail will still require you to use the same document linked above. 

Follow the steps to connect your printer.

Then follow step 3 - printing an e-mail.  This will allow you to print from gmail.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Jeanjab...I just spent an hour setting up wireless printing (eprint). No printer email address anywhere.(4reports printed.) HP c310. Still Can't print from Chrome. Says it's connected Do I have to save as PDF first?. One report shows 4 different WPS networks enabled. I have only one! What is going on???
I'm ready to throw it all in the trash!!!
HP Recommended

Easiest way to print from a ChromeOS device is using the "HP Print" app found in the Chrome Web Store.

Install it, then run it.  Add your printer's IP address.

First time you try to print something, click the "Change Destination" button from "Save as PDF" to the printer you just added.  I print easily using my HP ChromeBook 11 and an HP OfficeJet 8610 printer!  🙂

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.