Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

I have a DeskJet 4155e. Fairly new. I just put in two new ink cartridges and am receiving an error. When I first put in the cartridges a test page printed but then it immediately said there was no ink in either cartridge. Current error showing is a blinking “E” and “0”. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KBennett23,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're dealing with a frustrating printer issue. The blinking "E" and "0" error on your Deskjet 4155e typically indicate that there's an issue with the ink cartridges. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Reinstall the Ink Cartridges: Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source. Then, carefully remove the ink cartridges and reinstall them, making sure they are properly seated in their slots. Ensure that you remove any plastic tabs or protective covers from the cartridges before reinserting them.
  • Check for Ink Cartridge Compatibility: Ensure that the ink cartridges you installed are compatible with your DeskJet 4155e. Using incompatible or counterfeit cartridges can cause errors.
  • Clean the Cartridge Contacts: Sometimes, the metal contacts on the ink cartridges or inside the printer can get dirty, which may prevent proper communication between the cartridges and the printer. Gently clean the contacts on both the cartridges and inside the printer using a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water.
  • Reset the Printer: Disconnect the power cord from the printer while it is still turned on. Wait for about a minute, then plug the power cord back in and turn on the printer. This can sometimes reset the printer and clear the error.
  • Update Firmware: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up-to-date. Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware can resolve compatibility issues and other errors.

Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the issue and get your printer back up and running smoothly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.