Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium - [personal information removed] serial number:

Printer did its job this morning fine... then received "Printer Failure" contact support error message.  I've tried reboot, unplug, even pulled the ink and ink holder out... nothing reset to allow use.  Can't get past the "failure" screen on the display. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @markv7,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing a frustrating issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium printer displaying a "Printer Failure" error message. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue:

• Check for Paper Jams: Sometimes, even a small piece of paper stuck in the printer can cause it to display an error message. Open the printer's access doors and check for any paper jams. If you find any, carefully remove them.
  • Restart the Printer: You've already tried rebooting, but let's try again. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for about 1-2 minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. Sometimes, a fresh start can resolve temporary issues.
  • Check Ink Cartridges: Ensure that all ink cartridges are properly installed and seated correctly. Sometimes, a loose or incorrectly installed cartridge can trigger error messages.
  • Update Printer Firmware/Drivers: Visit the HP support website and check if there are any firmware or driver updates available for your printer model. Installing the latest updates can sometimes resolve compatibility issues or bugs causing the error message. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset the Printer: Many printers have a reset option that can help clear certain errors. Check your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset. Be cautious with this step as it may reset other settings as well.

Refer to this document: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.