Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to print 1 sheet of paper today, ONLY 1 and even after 6hours im still here like an idiot trying to figure out whats going on anyway the paper came out blank, I made a test using the printer and the test page came out with the color, I checked the ink level and the black is about 60% full, so then I went online and checked for solutions which came out to be worst then what I started with

I tried to update drivers, I didnt know what to download (because it is not clear) so I downloaded everything under the officejet 3830 section

I unppluged and replugged my cumputer, the router and the printer

now even if the printer is connected with my wifi and the ip, the cumputer doesnt see it

the only destination I have is the Fax of the officejet 3830

Now I also have the error " The printer does not exist,double check the printer name and make sure the printer is connected to the network" 

and it is connected....

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mr_X1

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your printer is not printing in color and you are getting connectivity issues, I am glad to assist you.

Did you uninstall the printer from rot level before installing the new driver?

If not, follow these steps:-

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer-related software.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer using HP Smart app.

Click here to download the HP Smart app.

Update the printer firmware

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to update firmware:- Click here

Once you install the printer, change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing Preferences.
  3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
  4. Under option Print color select color, then the OK button.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ok and ? can you read what I said and provide help ?

HP Recommended

@Mr_X1

Please try the steps mentioned in the above post and let me know the outcome for further assistance. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi sorry for not responding quicker, I was not available, I did all the steps above but now I am trying to do these steps, and when I go in "Printers and scanners" I can see my HP officejet 3830 series, but it says Drivers are unavailable

Once you install the printer, change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing Preferences.
  3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
  4. Under option Print color select color, then the OK button.
HP Recommended

@Mr_X1

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html
  2. Select the country.
  3. You will find the phone numbers below the product details.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.