Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So does this link work for all hp officejet printers? I have an Officejet Pro 8600 plus.

HP Recommended

Do you mean the Print & Scan Doctor link?  Yes, it works for all HP printers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I didn't do the first steps.  All I did was shut down the printer and router, then turn router back on, wait and then turn printer back on.  

Thank you.  I have been working on this problem for about 4 hours all told and I am so glad I found your post.  I will always go to the users forum from now on.  HP has some pretty useless troubleshooting tools.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

Finally!!!!  I got my silly printer to work!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou........  after about five months of dabbling intermittently with my computer (purchased a new laptop), router (changed location and model) and printer I have finally managed to get the network to work.  My printer kept saying it was offline but would print a test page via my laptop through the router.  I tried your suggestion (having tried absolutely everything else) of 'configure port', deselecting  the SNMP Status Enabler and taadaaah!!!!!  WOOHOO....  back to business in a big way now.   Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou - I really could kiss you.............

HP Recommended

This solution was right on.  I went into the "configure ports," unchecked the box as suggested, and printer immediately started working.  All of the rest of the suggestions, particularly HP's, were pure garbage.

HP Recommended

My 6600 HP Officejet -wireless set-up will not printer.  On printing page at the top is says that the printer is offline.  I have followed instructions on Print and Scan Doctor without success.  I couldn't find anywhere that I could change printer to online, as they suggested.  I have unplugged printer and turned on again without success.  Can you help me?

Lois L.

HP Recommended

Thank you, this fixed my offline printer problem fairly easily and quickly, and I didn't have to add the printer with the new IP address.

HP Recommended

Could you possibly update your link - no longer works. Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

This fixed an aggravating annoyance that's bugged me for quite some time when printing to a L7700. Thanks for the tip!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.