Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4522

We've had our ENVY 4522 printer scanner for a number or years and like it, but the other morning  (at 5:20 am) it began printing pages on its own!   It printed 4 copies of the "Wireless Quick Start Guide" and then some copies of the "HP Network Configuration Page" 3 copies of the  "Printer Status Report"  some blank pages and then another "Wireless Quick Start Guide" and another blank page before it ran out of paper!

I figured it needed a reset so I unplugged the printer, waited a couple of minutes and plugged it in and now it just displays a blue screen and doesn't do any of its normal POST operations.

I've tried unplugging it and waiting various time (up to 2+ hours ) with the same result.  

Not sure where to go next so I hopped on the support forum.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So I did more research and read somewhere to unplug the printer and wait, then plug it in while holding down the power button.   It got rid of the blue screen and showed me an error  "ERROR CODE 0X0005FB86 LIB_MATH C"

i also found a post that said to remove the print cat ridges,  as the carrier was in the home position, I could only remove one, so did that and restarted the printer and it worked!    i replaced the colour cartridge and  printed a summary page and it all worked,

Alas, this morning it was dead again .. it printed out a number of the Wireless pages and the network pages and the display was a blank blue screen.

I tried to redo the above steps and its still comes up with a blue screen 😞

HP Recommended

@gweir59

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Also, try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I guess i could try an update, but with the blue screen and no error I can't do anything with the printer.   I tried connecting to the print directly via usb  but the computer doesn't even recognize that it is connected.

I need to get past the blue screen problem first.

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.