Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer

Printer didn’t print so replaced black cartridge (color is low) and alignment page was blank, but it sounded like it was printing the usual time it takes… yet page was blank. Printer is 8 years old… and seeing I’m not tech savvy I’m at a lost. Perhaps it’s broken? Hope not… Thankx 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SBC49,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the print quality issues.

Well, yes, the age might be the issue. 

However, let's try these steps to isolate the issue. 

HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer supports single-cartridge mode. Single cartridge mode allows you to operate the printer with only one cartridge installed. This can be useful if you're low on ink or if you want to print in grayscale using only the black cartridge. Keep in mind that printing with a single cartridge may affect the quality of color prints, as the printer will attempt to simulate colors using only the black cartridge.

Use the single-cartridge mode to operate the printer with only one ink cartridge. The single-cartridge mode is initiated when an ink cartridge is removed from the ink cartridge carriage. During single-cartridge mode, the printer can copy documents, copy photos, and print jobs from the computer.

NOTE: When the printer operates in single-cartridge mode, a message is displayed on the printer display. If the message is displayed and two ink cartridges are installed in the printer, verify that the protective piece of plastic tape has been removed from each ink cartridge. When plastic tape covers the ink cartridge contacts, the printer cannot detect that the ink cartridge is installed.

Install two ink cartridges in the printer to exit single-cartridge mode.

! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.