Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 4630 won’t connect to the Wi-Fi. I’ve tried watching videos and I’ve done everything they said but it still won’t connect. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Emily1230 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration with the HP Officejet 4630 not connecting to Wi-Fi. It can be tricky, but let's go through some steps that might help:

Network Reset and Re-connection:

1. Restart Everything: Power off your printer, router, and computer. Wait for a minute, then turn on the router first and let it fully boot up. Then, turn on your printer and computer.
  2. Reset Network Settings: The exact steps might differ depending on your printer model, but generally, you can access the network settings menu on the printer control panel. Look for options like "Restore Network Defaults" or "Reset Network Settings" and confirm the reset.
  3. Run Wireless Setup Wizard: After resetting the network, use the "Wireless Setup Wizard" on your printer to connect to your Wi-Fi network again. This wizard will guide you through entering your network name and password.

Wi-Fi Network Compatibility:

1. 2.4 GHz Network: HP Officejet 4630 only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If your router broadcasts a combined signal for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands with the same name (SSID), the printer might have trouble connecting. Try logging into your router settings (refer to your router's manual) and see if you can configure separate SSIDs for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.

Additional Tips:

• Check Router Channel: Some routers might have automatic channel selection enabled. Try setting the Wi-Fi channel on your router to a fixed value, like 1, 6, or 11.
  • Distance and Interference: Ensure the printer is within reasonable distance of your router (ideally at least 5 feet) and away from potential sources of wireless interference.

Refer to this document:  HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series User Manual

Update the firmware on an HP printer

HP printer setup (Wi-Fi network)

HP printer setup (Apple AirPrint for iPhone, iPad)

Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.