Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Printer

My laptop won’t print to my printer HP Envy 6455 due to “printer setup incomplete”

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Deb249,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP laptop is showing a "printer setup incomplete" message when trying to print to your HP Envy 6455, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.

• Check Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your laptop. If you're using a USB connection, make sure the cable is securely plugged into both the printer and your laptop. If you're using a wireless connection, ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Printer Software Installation: Make sure that you have installed the necessary printer drivers and software on your laptop. You can download the drivers and software from the HP website. Sometimes, incomplete installation of printer software can cause issues with printing.
  • Restart Devices: Try restarting both your laptop and your printer. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP Envy 6455 printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.
  • Run Printer Troubleshooter: Many operating systems have built-in printer troubleshooters that can help diagnose and fix common printing problems. You can try running the printer troubleshooter on your HP laptop to see if it can identify and resolve the issue.
  • Check Printer Settings: Make sure that the printer settings on your laptop are configured correctly. Ensure that the correct printer is selected as the default printer and that there are no print jobs stuck in the print queue.
  • Reinstall Printer: If none of the above steps work, you can try removing the printer from your laptop's list of installed printers and then reinstalling it. This can sometimes fix configuration issues.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the "printer setup incomplete" issue with your HP Envy 6455 printer and HP laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.